An authoritative and practically relevant text approaching the subject from the point...
This comprehensive book explains legislation and discusses cases on all aspects of...
Jordan Publishing Limited General Terms and Conditions
1. Scope These Terms and Conditions apply to all products supplied by Jordan Publishing Limited except software products, online subscription services, digital products and conferences or seminars ('the Products').
2. Acceptance of Order No contract will subsist between us for the sale by us to you of any Product unless we accept your order. Other than as set out in paragraph 10, that acceptance will occur when we despatch the goods to you, notwithstanding any prior communications between us. We reserve the right to require a written order form from you before accepting your order.
3. Pricing and Taxes All prices are subject to change without prior notice. However, we endeavour to regularly update all publicly available sources of price information to ensure that you have accurate information available to you when you order.
All prices, where relevant, include VAT at the current rate. Prices also include delivery charges, unless otherwise stated
The description and price of goods will be confirmed in our despatch note and/or invoice.
4. Payment Our invoices are due for payment 30 days from their date. We reserve the right to charge for costs and expenses incurred in recovering late payments, and to charge interest on overdue amounts at the rate in force pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as at the due date.
5. Delivery Products are delivered using first class post, unless otherwise stated. We aim to despatch within 3 working days of receiving your order, but we cannot guarantee the availability of any Product and some Products may therefore take longer to despatch. All costs and delivery details will be provided in the despatch note and/or invoice.
6. Refunds We will refund the price that you paid for any Product which is unsuitable for your needs if it is returned to us in its original condition within 28 days from the date of invoice. The refund will be made to you on our receipt of the Product in its original condition.
If the Product is returned because we sent it to you in error or because it is faulty, we will also refund any delivery charge which you have paid to us and any reasonable delivery cost incurred by you in returning the Product to us. In any other situation you will be responsible for the delivery costs of returning the Product to us. For your own protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service when returning any Product to us, so that you have proof of return. Please note that we will not refund any priority, express or courier element of any delivery charge.
7. Right to Cancel By law, you have the right to cancel your purchase within seven working days of the day after the date on which you receive the Product.
On receipt of the Product in its original condition we will refund to you the price that you paid for the Product. Please note our policy on refunding delivery charges, as set out in paragraph 6 above.
8. Reliance on our Products The contents of any of our Products do not constitute advice and should not be relied on in taking, or refraining from taking, any decision or action. Our Products should not be used as a substitute for taking legal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer.
To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage (direct, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any of our Products or any decision or action taken, or refrained from being taken, as a result of the use of any of our Products.
9. Data Protection We may use personal information which we hold about you to provide our products and services to you, for credit control and market research purposes and to inform you about our products and services, legal developments and training sessions or events which we believe may be of interest to you.
We may share your personal information with other companies in our group, including Jordans Limited, Jordans International Limited, Jordans (Scotland) Limited and the overseas offices of our sister company, Jordans Limited (full details of which are available on the website www.jordans.co.uk), for any of the above purposes and with those with whom we are co-presenting any training session or event (in which case the use by our co-presenters will be restricted to arranging and publicising the event).
In order to provide services to you we may be required to pass your personal information to parties located outside of the European Economic Area in countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK. Where this is the case we will take reasonable steps to ensure the privacy of your information.
Except in the situations listed above or as required by law or other regulation, we will not pass, disclose, rent or sell your personal information to any third party without your prior written consent.
If you do not wish to receive information from us, please write to the Head of Marketing, Jordan Publishing Limited, 21 St Thomas Street, Bristol BS1 6JS, marking the envelope 'Data Protection' or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right, by written request and on payment of a small fee, to a copy of any personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) which we hold about you.
10. Cancelling Subscription Services Any subscriptions to loose-leaf services or journals are deemed to start from receipt of your completed order or registration form. Any cancellation by you must be in writing. No refund shall be given if you cancel a service part way through a subscription year. Details of annual renewal dates, frequency of publication and updating policy are provided with each individual subscription service product.
11. Event Attendance All invoices for events must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date. Receipt of your completed order or registration form constitutes a firm booking. A credit against the registration fee payable (less an administration fee of £50.00 plus VAT) can only be made in respect of written cancellations received by Jordan Publishing in Bristol at least 10 days before the event. The full registration fee plus VAT will be payable for cancellations received less than 10 days before the event.
12. Special Trading Terms Any supply to a bookseller, wholesaler or other distributor under favourable trading terms will be subject to a separate supply agreement negotiated with that organisation.
13. Changes We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction Contracts for the supply of Products between us will be concluded in the English language, shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.